Super opportunity for a Category manager with an excellent company based in the West of Ireland.
Manage global and/or regional commodity
Identify and engage with internal stakeholders (engineering, operations, quality) to capture commodity requirements and ensure supplier qualification and quality – partner with regional PPM teams to efficiently transition suppliers as needed
Responsible for developing & executing detailed commodity strategy:
Assess Opportunity for commodity including spend segmentation, commodity maturity, cost drivers, and supply market analysis
Develop Sourcing Strategy for commodity detailing projects, sourcing levers, timing, resources, and expected benefits
Accountable for execution of sourcing projects including RFx, continuous improvement, consolidation, etc.
Responsible for defining negotiations strategy including supplier profiles, commercial negotiations targets, defining switching costs, and building Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Conduct or support negotiations and supplier selection – accountable for contract lifecycle management and compliance
Responsible for delivering commodity productivity through price, value analysis (VA) or continuous improvement projects – responsible for supporting regional/sector countermeasures
Support supplier segmentation, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and quarterly supplier reviews for all strategic suppliers within commodity. Scribe for all quarterly reviews and key supplier meetings. Ensure creation of supplier profiles for all SRM suppliers.
Responsible for commodity continuity of supply – engage with plants to efficiently resolve escalated issues and formally manage and secure supplier capacity
Support region/sector NPD Procurement teams through preferred supplier programs, RFQ’s, and SRM to set and meet program QCD targets
Actively monitor and mitigate supplier risk including financial, capacity, quality, and compliance
Responsible for forecasting, reporting, mitigating, and recovery of commodity inflation
Support Quarterly Commodity Reviews (QCR) including updated projects, metrics, strategy, and countermeasures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related field
- 3 to 5 years procurement sourcing experience, consulting, buyer, and/or analyst experience
- Demonstrate competence in negotiating skills and assessing vendors.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience coordinating, facilitating discussions, consultation and conflict resolution skills
- Professional communication; both verbal and written are required.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Key Competencies & skills:
- Supply Chain Acumen – Oversees development and execution of GSC strategies/playbooks for assigned components or services, drives utilization of common GSC tools to achieve optimal results that are Quality, Delivery, Price and Service balanced and corporate/governmental compliant.
- Project Management – Reviews and approves teams’ project plans, oversees project execution, balances projects between short and long-term focus, secures alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing-Demonstrates deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology, builds this knowledge into GSC strategies/playbooks, develops global talent.
- Problem Solving—Identifies/anticipates potential problems, supports root cause analysis, evaluates robustness of corrective action plan and oversees plan implementation.
- Relationship Management – Creates collaborative environment with cross-functional partners, assures regular/appropriate two-way communication flow, and builds/maintains relationship with industry peers and suppliers.
For more information please call me on 087 9728431 or email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org