My client in the West of Ireland is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team, this is an amazing client with great potential.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ relevant experience in Design. A high degree of organisation and enthusiasm and the ability to communicate competently across all working levels; Management activities, interaction with OEM Customers, suppliers, other Departments and branches within the company and demonstrate innovation and creativity.
You will be involved in the following for the client:
- Analyze specifications in order to define performance criteria to be achieved.
- Develop innovative and reliable solutions that fulfill specifications.
- Participate to the Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA).
- Design 3D model and prepare definition files for products, prototypes and test means.
- Leads design activities with internal and external contributors.
- Share technical topics with prototype workshop and suppliers.
- Prepare technical file to justify the choice of concept and solutions.
- Build 2D drawing with functional dimensions according to ISO standard.
- Build tolerance stack-up and optimize dimensioning.
- Define and identify functional and critical characteristics.
- Support project planning edition and update.
- Present product definition status at Design Review and Project Validation Committee.
- Apply CAD methodologies and deliver CAD data that pass Q-Checker.
- Manage Product definition file into the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database.
- Degree qualifed or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design with 3-5 years experience in Mechanical Design.
- Experience in developing products from concept to production.
- Problem solving techniques and methodical approaches to same.
- Operating within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Designing to budget.
- Developing project plans and working within agreed plans and timelines.
- Tooling and moulding experience – ability to identify and suggest part improvements.
- Experience in developing 2D drawings & designing using 3D CAD – Catia V5 R24 onwards, preferred.
- DFMEA techniques, DFM/DFA techniques, PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) type techniques.
- Design Review Procedures, BOM Creation, Presentations.
- Working within quality systems i.e. ISO9001 / TS16949.
- Interpretation of the results from Simulation Reports and feeding back on the same.
For more information, please email me your CV to email@example.com and I can chat to you further
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org