Reporting to the Quality Manager, my client is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and performing all supplier quality related activities delivering on-time PPAP and flawless launch for responsible components.
- Lead project teams related to incoming quality issues, CAPA, cost reduction, and quality system excellence driving process and systemic quality improvements.
- Drive supplier quality improvement work with supplier and request support from the Supplier Development group in case of major / recurring supplier quality needs.
- Assist suppliers in quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance.
- Perform and/or participate in source qualification by performing quality and manufacturing system surveys and special process surveys. Take first action to protect the plant from non-conforming parts from suppliers.
- Coordinate containment activities, initiate controls and safeguard replacement deliveries when needed .
- Initiate, verify, evaluate, and ensure timely closure of supplier CAPAs as necessary to improve quality and reduce interruption of Operations. Internally, report and follow-up on deviations. Initiate, follow-up and close deviation report requests.
- Reduce quality nonconformities, improving quality metrics. Co-ordinate and present Supplier Quality MDI.
- Prepare, distribute and communicate supplier quality data/information to various stakeholders including PPM data for tracking and Improvement., Participate in design reviews of new products.
- Manage day to day operations of Warranty Returns Department, ensuring timely turnaround of returns analysis and manage a weekly MDI to promote improvement and track trends.
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer within the organization in relating to supplier quality issues. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- 6 years of experience in various functions of quality, manufacturing, customer relationship management Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic and international). Six Sigma Green belt certification desirable
- Skills & Competencies:
- Must have in depth understanding and ability to apply Advanced Quality Planning processes, Quality Systems.
- Understand and apply quality models and theories, advanced statistical techniques, problem solving and prevention, project management and planning tools, process management and improvement tools, lean methodology and visual management
- In-depth knowledge of quality systems including alignment to the Enterprise’s broader mission.
- Be team oriented and proactive change agent with a true hands-on and collaborative approach in implementing and improving supplier quality .A confident professional able to proactively resolve issues.
- Must be a strong communicator and possess organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
For more information please call me on 087 9728431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com