My client is expanding and currently looking to appoint a Chartered Design Engineer to join them at this exiting stage of its growth.
The company has its sights firmly set on growth and has recently expanded their production capabilities. You will be working closely with its industry customers and key stakeholders, and work on transforming their client’s expansion requirements into innovative and efficient buildings. We are committed to innovated solutions with a strong dedication to quality and exceptional leaderships.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team in order to provide the Structural, M&E & Architectural design requirements for a premium Modular Building company.
- Evaluate project information, review all documentation, understand project brief, and identify deliverables/success factors.
- Maintain information flow and overview design team’s co-ordination and verification process and co-ordinate with key stakeholders and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Identify need for and manage specialist contractor designs along with identifying and managing third party involvement.
- Design steel frame modular buildings – single and multi-storey on a range of educational, pharma and healthcare projects, and management of drawing production.
- Issue ancillary design certification on completion of each project.
- Ensure the design recognises all aspects of health & safety, environmental and quality related matters.
- Assist in the preparation of technical and contract documentation for tenders.
- Use and develop CAD, & Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure systems are coordinated in complex construction.
Essential Requirements for the role
- Chartered Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead a team and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook
Experience in any of the following areas would be desirable.
- NZEB compliance calcs & thermal calculations (u-value W/m2k)
- Fire Testing & Certification experience (BRE, NSAI, etc.)
- Acoustic calculations (dB)
For more information, please call me on 087 9728431 or email@example.com
Or for more Engineering Jobs get in touch
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org