Based in the WEST of IRELAND my client is looking for a Principal R&D Engineer, read job description below to apply for this fantastic job in Galway
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development
• Effectively represent Medtronic while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
• Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
• Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
• Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
• Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
• May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
• May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
• Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
• Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
• Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
• Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
• Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
• We are looking for a dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• We are looking for an individual with extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and technical leadership.
• This role is primarily technical in nature, thus we seek someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles – someone who gets a thrill from how and why things work.
• We are looking for a proven influencer and someone who exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
• You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
• We are looking for strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For more information please call me on 087 9728431 or email@example.com
Contact me for more information on Jobs in Galway or Engineering Jobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org