The Structural Heart R&D Manager is directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to an R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities supporting the Coronary and Structural Heart Business unit.
- Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports
- Attract and retain talent in line with business need
- Drive innovation of concepts to support next-generation designs and novel applications in cardiovascular applications
- Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization
- Manage engineers, and possibly other supervisors, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects
- Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluates progress of direct reports
- Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges
- Participate at department management level and build strong peer relationships
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company’s design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one job area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires a Level 8 degree and minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience of direct management of engineers is a distinct advantage
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- A strong communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- A dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
For more information please call me on 0879728431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com