As a Senior Principal R&D Engineer, you will be tasked with leading the technical development of new products through early stage investigation/research and/or translation of that into commercial medical devices
My client is seeking a highly experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialisation of cutting-edge structural heart devices.
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
• Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
• Effectively represent Medtronic while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
• Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
• Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
• Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
• Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
• May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
• May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
• Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
• Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
• Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
• Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level in Engineering or related discipline with 10 – 15 years relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
• This role is primarily technical in nature, thus we seek someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles – someone who gets a thrill from how and why things work.
• You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• You are experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
• You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
• You are a proven influencer and exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
• Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable.
• You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For more information please call me on 0879728431 or annemarie@Amfconsulting.ie
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org