The Senior R&D Manager is directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to a diverse R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company’s design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
- May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
- Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Qualifications – External
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For more information please call me on 0879728431 firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com